Monday, January 9, 2012

I Wish Entertainment Weekly Was Hiring

Hi Everyone,

With the new year comes a new outlook.  I don't do this every year, just to clarify, but this year, since I became unemployed I decided to use the free time to begin to look inward and maybe mend some things about myself that aren't in the best shape.  I began reading Jack Canfield's The Success Principles and there has been a slight shift in my thinking, toward the positive.  There is a wonderful quote from Stan Dale that resonates with me, "I've always been the opposite of a paranoid.  I operate as if everyone is part of a plot to enhance my well being."  As soon as I read that, something inside me understood those words and I couldn't help but smile.

This past week hasn't been the easiest.  I have been to 60 different restaurants, had two interviews and nothing has come of it.  So I moved on to the government of California's unemployment website and began applying for jobs there.  I have reached out to friends on Facebook and I have been fortunate that a few friends tried to help me out to no avail.  Now, a month ago I would have thrown my hands up to the heavens and screamed, "What the hell do I have to do to get a job?"  I did that last time and I got a job within a week after trying for five months.  But this time, I get the feeling that maybe I need to move to a more creative way of thinking and applying myself, because the old way isn't working anymore and I think the restaurant business and I are close to caput anyway.

So if I had my wish I would love to get a job with Entertainment Weekly.  I would be happy just to be getting people coffee and talking TV, movies and music with everyone.  I love reading the articles each week and I scour the website to read the recaps of shows, even though I watched them in realtime, just because I like each recappers sense of humor and their pure honesty in their dorkiness for their love of the show they are recapping.   I laugh out loud sometimes and more than is reasonable I catch myself shaking my head in agreement to something they say in the recap.  It's like I am reading a recap from myself...

So God if you are listening....

Until next time.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment