Friday, January 6, 2012

Being Aware and Loving in 2012

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

I hope that 2012 has been shaping up to be a stellar year so far!  I am not a big stickler for making resolutions in the New Year, due to I never fulfill them and when I seriously look over my resolutions, they always seem superficial and not very inspiring.  It always seems as if I am punishing myself with my resolutions, so this year I began keeping a gratitude journal.  It has been difficult just because I know how hard I am on myself and that is what I am trying to overcome.

I got to spend time with my family this holiday and it was wonderful.  It was also a great time to honestly assess where I am difficult and how I deal with my family.  I am not proud of the times I let them get on my nerves, but during the visit I began to be aware of my thoughts on the situation and where I can change it to be more positive.  I noticed I don't have patience for going the long way around (Dad's driving), I also let my Mom's stream of consciousness speaking out loud get to me, when in reality she is just glad to have me to talk to.  When it comes to my sister, I always have to be in control because in my head she is still the baby not the 27 year old she is now LOL!  I became conscious of her nerves getting frayed over my inability to let her do what she wanted.  I kept my mouth shut a lot of the time and so I learned I have an opinion for everything :)  I always told myself I am not that opinionated, but that isn't the truth.  Truth is, I don't verbalize a lot of my opinions.  Opinions are good to a point, but if they judge family and friends and yourself, they aren't so healthy.  I am trying to learn to make my thoughts healthy, positive and loving.  Some days the thoughts are so loving and strong and other days it is a struggle to find one thought that is positive, but that one thought and my stubbornness to find one positive thought keeps me moving.

What are some of your ways of staying positive?  I would love to hear from you!  Until next time...

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment