Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Inspiration is Afoot

Hi Everyone,

Where does inspiration come from? I am always surprised when a thought pops into my head that excites me and gets my blood flowing just a little bit faster.  It is always at the most inopportune time, of course.  I am driving in the car at 70 mph, taking an order at work, in the shower, in the waiting room just as my name is called, I can go on and on.  But, sometimes I am exactly where I need to be to sit down and work through the inspiration and that is such a gratifying place to be.  To be so excited and full of life that drives me to act, write, paint, draw, call, talk, email, see, and most importantly, do something.  It is always the little things that we do that manifest life changes that we could never imagine.

I never imagined in my wildest dreams, that I would give myself the chance to move to Los Angeles to try and make it on television.  I never imagined I would be writing, acting, and making things happen for myself.  I never thought of looking at myself as a business.  I never thought I could be so lonely, following my dream.  I never thought I could be so happy.  I never thought I was worth it.  Until I moved to Los Angeles to follow my dream and I began writing, acting and making things happen for myself.  I started looking at myself as a business.  I have been lonelier than I have ever been, but the happiness I feel when something falls into place makes the loneliness feel temporary.  And there lies the inspiration.  The kick in the butt that keeps me excited and moves me forward one small step at a time.

Most of my inspiration has nothing to do with acting, it has to do with living.  I get a thought to call a friend I haven't seen in a while, or a pang to join a pottery class, because I always wanted to, the need to meditate and calm down, or excitement over a blind date, and I try and incorporate living into my life.  This past week hasn't been the most easiest of weeks.  I have had to make some hard decisions out of financial desperation, that I could see as a negative, but I choose to see it as positive outcomes.  There is a cycle to everything and it is this cycle that keeps us guessing and gets us to do something.  I think I just found out where inspiration comes from...

Until next time.  Stay safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment