Friday, October 15, 2010

MACBEEZY!

Hi Everyone,

Tonight, Jen and I saw the musical, MacBeezy, a hip opera, inspired by the Scottish play by Shakespeare.  It was adapted from MacBeth and music and lyrics were also written by my fellow company member at Knightsbridge and it was FAB-U-LOUS!!!! M-A-C-B-E-E-Z-Y!  Kelly rewrote the play because she teaches in inner city Los Angeles and she wanted to teach the kids Shakespeare.  She knew she wouldn't be able to hold their interest with the original text, so she rewrote it and had her husband assist in lyrics and music to put music and rapping into the storyline.  I cannot say enough about the production!  I was so impressed and so inspired by it!  It was wonderful!

I also came to a big decision tonight.  I know I said that I would write the blog until the end of the year, but I think I am going to amend that and say that I am going to have the last post next Friday.  I find because I write the blog everyday I don't take the time to keep in touch with friends and family I would on a regular basis if I didn't have the blog.  I have been woefully absent from friends' lives, that it is going to take a while to rebuild to the level they were before.  The blog has been fantastic for me to write, but it is time to move on.  If something huge should happen in my life, I will be sure to update, but for now I am taking a break and taking care of relationships I have ignored for far too long.  Thank you to everyone who has been following.  It has been fantastic!  I hope that all of you stay in touch and that just because you don't read my words everyday means we don't keep up with each other.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

1 comment:

  1. bummer... I understand why, but I'm still going to miss reading about your days... promiss me that you will at least be "better" about updating you facebook status??? ;)

    ReplyDelete