Sunday, October 17, 2010

Busy Sunday

Hi Everyone,

Another rainy day in Southern California started off with an early audition at Knightsbridge Theatre.  I auditioned for Mrs. Cratchett and I had to sing!!! What?!  I figured that I was going to be asked to sing since it is a musical version of A Christmas Carol I was auditioning for, but that did not simmer the jitters I got when I was actually asked to sing.  I can sing in the shower, in the car, and drunkenly at Karaoke  and I have no problem with that, but to have to sing to two actors I know who are singers is a bit daunting.  But I had a fantastic, slightly foolish embarrassing time singing Jingle Bells!

I got home at 11am and began cleaning the house before Brandon came over and we rehearsed our scene from When Harry Met Sally.  I am very excited about the scene and I feel strong in my work with it.  I pray that it translates on Tuesday when we perform it for everyone and guests.  I usually don't talk about my acting job, since a lot of things fall through before production, etc, but I have this giddy instinctual feeling that something big is going to happen on Tuesday.  Not necessarily to me personally, but it will affect me personally.  We will see if my instincts are right in the next few days.

Lastly, I got to speak to friends and family I haven't spoken to in a very long time.  It is comforting to know that over time, some things are still the same and that even with time we are able to connect.  It is always a bit awkward talking to friends and siblings I haven't spoken to in so long because I don't know exactly where to begin, because I can't remember where I left off.  But my soul was giddy to reconnect over the weekend with people I have been woefully pushing aside by using the excuse, "I will call them when I have more time".  That never works!  I keep telling myself, "You have to make time."  Duh!  So my inner self is actually a lot quieter from catching up with four out of the seven people I love the most!  Aaaaaahhhh....

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment