Friday, September 17, 2010

Understanding my Craft

Hi Everyone,

Tonight was the 2nd week of Candida.  I  went in a little early today so that I could play with the lights and enjoy the show instead of being nervous about it all.  It was a little rusty all around for everyone, but I really do love the show!  Even when it is a little off it is very funny and entertaining.  I can't say enough about the cast and the director, Carolee.  They are very friendly, supporting artists and that is really rare to find and I genuinely look forward to going to the theatre every show.

I went back to Samuel French bookstore and bought, Lillian Hellman's The Little Foxes and Moilere's, Amphitryon.  I have a list of plays to read, since the meeting on Wednesday.  I would like to be fully aware of all the plays that we as a company are thinking of putting into production next year.  Plus I then will have a plethora of new material to take monologues from.  It's a win, win!

I talked to Joseph, the artistic director tonight about a reading of a screenplay that is going to be performed on Monday, the 27th.  He said he had a few small roles that I would be right for, would I be able to come? I said, "Yes."  He said, "There are going to be producers in the audience, they want to hear what the screenplay sounds like."  I said, "Okay!"  And that was that.  I am excited about it.  I should be getting my copy of the script in the next few days.  I really am glad that I got into this theatre company!  It has been such a positive experience so far and I am pinching myself over it all.

Next week I begin my class with Brad Garrett and then in October I begin my on camera class.  Even though I am not auditioning every week I am glad that I have these classes to keep me busy and to oil my rusty acting.  I realize it has been 9 months since I have been in an acting class.  Yes, I have gone to orientations and weekend intensives, but they aren't the same.  They don't make me feel as if I have made certain skills become habit.  They don't necessarily make me feel stronger as an actor, or more confident in my craft, they are just a refresher.  I am hoping that these classes propel me into auditions I would not usually get called on, cross your fingers!

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment