Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Town

Hi Everyone,

So in the last 24 hours I have been told that I need to see the movie, The Town, pronto.  I say, "OK."  I have always been a Ben Affleck fan even when he did, Gigli.  I didn't always agree with his choices of character or projects, but I liked him anyway.  I always thought he got the short end of the stick when it came to comparison to Matt Damon, but now I am glad he is doing projects that show his range and talent.

I was impressed with, Gone, Baby, Gone when it came out a few years ago.  I thought the way that Affleck directed it was safe in a way, since he had  his brother as the lead, but Casey Affleck also showed his talents.  I loved how Ben didn't shy away from doing a movie set in Boston, with a solid script and a great cast.  I still talk about Amy Ryan's role in the movie.

From the reviews I have read, Affleck again has got another great cast.  I am excited to see Jeremy Renner alongside Affleck.  I also am expecting the movie to blow me out of the water like, The Departed did.  That is what I am getting from friends, that kind of excitement for the film.  There aren't many films that get me so excited to be an actor, I might pee my pants.  The Departed did that for me.  I was so excited after the movie, I think I did pee my pants, but that is just me.

Anyone have any movie they have been really inspired by, influenced by, or excited by that they nearly pee their pants?

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

1 comment:

  1. Black Hawk Down was a movie that moved me so much that I left the theater a blubbering mess, and continued to cry for the next 20 minutes. I think a lot of it had to do with shock, that I wasn't even aware that it took place. True stories get me every time...

    ReplyDelete