Monday, September 6, 2010

There Are Reasons for Obstacles

Hi Everyone,

Today was my 2nd official night of being on my own doing light and sound and it was rough.  I am a Virgo, so I like things to work right away, perfect, with no hassle, but of course that never happens and then I get stressed.  So I have two more rehearsals before opening night and my back is telling me to stop stressing out!  I can't help it.  I don't ever want to have to do light tech a week before the show opens.  If I was to do tech again, I would want to come to rehearsals for at least two weeks, just so that I can learn the board and know what the heck I am pressing and why.

I am crossing my fingers for tomorrow, because I seriously don't think I have it in my brain stem to move at the speed they want me to move at to do all the cues.  I also don't have the ability to look from the stage, to the lighting board, to the sound board, back to the stage in a half a second.  I know I am complaining over nothing, because I only have maybe 70 cues for the show, which I have been told is very easy.  It isn't very easy for me, so I feel very incompetent at the moment.  Hopefully a miracle will happen tomorrow night and everything will make sense and I will find a rhythm.

Does anyone have pointers for a green lighting tech?  I will take it.  I am just an actor! LOL!

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment