Saturday, September 4, 2010

Tech Week

Hi Everyone,

This will be the first day of a very busy week, which I am excited about.  I had to work this morning and we had a meeting way too early on a Saturday before work to talk about safety precautions, etc. I just got home because right after work I went to the theatre to begin tech rehearsal.

I will tell you right now, I am very daunted by the lighting and sound.  I have never been around a sound or lighting board for more than a minute because all those buttons just seem like too much.  Well now I have a week to learn the cues for a show and I hope that I can do it.  I am excited by it actually and also very nervous, but it is a good nervous.  I think I need to really know the script, so I feel better about it.  I want the experience to be a good one for everyone involved.  Especially opening weekend.  Of course this is all my own pressure I am putting on myself, because Carolee, the director is very calm about it and helpful.

Our next rehearsal is tomorrow at 11am and I am sure that we are going to go all night through it, because we only have 2 rehearsals after that before opening day!  Oh BOY!  I got to explore the theatre tonight and I loved it.  The mustyness of the costume department, the eerieness of the back of the house, the cramping of everything into every nook and crannie of the theatre to make it seem homey in its unusual way.  It brought back memories of high school theatre productions.  Good times!  I will keep you updated!

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment