Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Dream Role

Hi Everyone,

So for the past two days, while I was learning the cues for the show, Sarah, the lighting designer was using a walkie talkie to convey new cues to put into the computer while I was also trying to cue the show.  It made me stressed.  Tonight, Sarah wasn't there, so I got to do the show without any distractions and I am happy to say, that it went so much better.  I still have a kink to work out at the end of Act I, but all the other cues are smoother than they were, BIG TIME!  That makes me feel so much better and calmer about opening night on Friday.

Tonight, was the first night I was able to watch the show from my "tower" as I like to call it.  I really love the show.  I was thinking as I was watching Act II, what roles would I really want to play on stage and the first role was, Laura, in The Glass Menagerie.  I identify with her in so many ways.  Her handicap.  A mother who is strong willed.  A protective brother.  A shy woman among men.  A deeply insecure woman who just want to be heard.  I understand those emotions, circumstances and physicalities, from experience and from my gut.  I am soon going to be too old to play that part, and maybe I am too old now, but I would love to be able to play, Laura.

My schedule has been pretty mundane this week.  I go to work and then go straight to the theatre when I am done and stay there until 11PM or so.  I love being in the theatre.  I don't mind staying there until 11PM or later.  I realize that whenever I have a call time for 6am and I have to get up at 3:30am, I don't mind.  I actually have energy when I get up and am pretty pumped for the rest of the shoot.  I know that is what people feel like when they do something they love.  I am very thankful to be a part of the Knightsbridge Theatre, they have been very welcoming and so nice and I hope to be a part  of a show as a cast member soon.  I will keep you posted if they do a version of The Glass Menagerie.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment