Saturday, September 11, 2010

Learning from the Rough Patches

Hi Everyone,

Tonight was opening night!  I had fun doing the lights.  The whole production was a little shaky in the beginning, but we came back for a great 2nd and 3rd act.  I am sure that tomorrow night is going to be a lot better, since we know what to expect with an audience there.  I didn't do anything drastic or major, but my cue for the intermission could have gone quicker.  C'est la vie.  I had fun though.

The company had a little party afterward, which I hung out at for a bit, meeting new people and introducing myself to company members I had only met that first meeting back in June.  Everyone there is very welcoming and so nice and friendly.  I really can't wait to be part of an ensemble there to put on a show.  We have our company meeting on Wednesday night, which I can actually make this month.  The past two months I haven't been able to attend either because of work or class.  We are going to discuss the 2011 season.  Like I mentioned last night, I am reading plays, that I might throw out there to be produced.  But I am getting ahead of myself.

Today at work, they added 5 more table to the restaurant for the beginning of Oktoberfest (Sept 25th) which adds 100 more customers that we can accomodate.  We got slammed for 2 whole hours at lunch today, but they found out that the kitchen is not big enough to accomodate the 100 extra customers, so we had a few angry customers.  I'm not sure how the people who run the restaurant thought it was a great idea, I believe all they saw was the money and not the logistics of it all, but now they know.  I don't know if they are going to take the tables out or add another kitchen to the restaurant, I wouldn't put it past them.  Oh and for Oktoberfest, we have to be fitted for  authentic sexy Fraulein outfits.  Can you say, "Oh, joy!"  I have a feeling some guy is going to get a knuckle sandwich if they get feisty with Ms. Tara.  I'm just sayin! :)

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment