Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's Always Sunny With Tara

Hi Everyone,

I had a little surprise that made my night.  I got my Season 1&2 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia in the mail today!  Happy birthday 8 days later, to me!  I am so excited to be able to relive the adventures of Mac, Charlie, Dennis and Dee all over again.  They are so wrong, but so right!  Even though I am exhausted as I type this, I am going to force myself to watch at least one episode.

Tomorrow, I don't have to be at the theatre until 5PM so I am going to hunker down and do some mailings to agents and casting directors.  I am excited for my class with Brad Garrett to begin on Tuesday and I am trying to focus all of my energy on being an actor.  As a human being, for me it is hard to constantly think of how I am going to market myself and figure out how casting directors see me, and many other things.  I have come to realize that I spend way too much energy on thinking about not wanting to be a waitress, so I have turned it around and made my thoughts about wanting to be a working actor.  My friends Bonnie and Valerie will be yelling at their computer screens as they read this last sentence, because they have been telling me this for years.  I wasn't ready to listen or pay attention or do anything about it, until now.  Yipee for me!

This afternoon at work I was exhausted, but as soon as I got in the car to go to the theatre I had a huge stream of energy flow through my body as if I had just had 50 coffees.  The show went a lot smoother tonight than last night, but the audience wasn't as receptive as last night's crowd.

Today it was actually in the low 60's while I was at work and I was freezing.  They make us wear rock T-shirts that are thin and short sleeved.  I convinced the manager to let me take my sweatshirt out of the car, even though it wasn't rock oriented.  The money lately hasn't been great, due to the weather.  I still have a few more plays to read before the company meeting on Wednesday, so I am going to go and watch, It's Always Sunny... and laugh my butt off!

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

2 comments:

  1. I just pre-ordered the last season for Chris' birthday, we just started watching it last year and we are hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo!! Yeah Tara!

    Luv U Lots!

    V

    ReplyDelete