Thursday, September 2, 2010

Friends, Food and Theatre

Hi Everyone,

Today, was one busy, productive good for the soul day.  I woke up early, not bright, because the sun wasn't up yet.  I drove Jen to the airport and wished her safe travels to the East Coast.  I hope she is okay, she didn't text me back, so I say no news is good news.  Let me repeat, how jealous I am of her to be going to NYC.  I am missing certain aspects of the city that make it NYC, but I digress.  Let me continue...

Well, I thought it would be a great idea, to watch the sun come up over the ocean this morning since it was around the time of daybreak, but the fog was heavy with smog and I couldn't see a thing, so I drove home and made myself a luscious breakfast of champions.  A medley of chopped fruit, sprouted bread with natural peanut butter and strawberry jam, and my favorite oatmeal with almond milk.  And a cup of coffee!

I sat at the dining room table for 2 hours enjoying my breakfast and reading, Pillars of the Earth, which was just getting to the exciting part.  I then had the energy to go back to Griffith Park and hike to the top.  When I arrived I called my friend Kimmie and we began planning her trip to L.A. and I am getting more excited by the day!

I then called my friend Aida and we decided to meet for lunch after my hike.  She brought me to another fantastic vegan restaurant on Melrose and then across the street to an ice cream shop that makes vegan ice cream.  So I finally have come to the conclusion that Los Angeles is the vegan capitol of the world and that is one of the reasons I love living here.  L.A. makes it easy to be vegan and that is all I am going to say about that.

Then I drove back to my apartment to shower off the grime of the sand from Griffith Park and headed out to the theatre to watch the cast rehearse and got an idea of how the show is going to be lit and where the cues are going to be for sound.  The cast and crew are so friendly and it seems like a really good show, which I knew it would be.  So with just 45 minutes until my birthday day,  I am headed off to bed for a restful night sleep.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment