Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Everything is Alright

Hey Everyone,

Tomorrow, Jen is off to NYC and the East Coast in general.  I am excited for her.  She is going to go see A Little Night Music on Broadway and tell me how fantastically awesome Bernadette Peters is, live.  Tonight, we went to see the movie, The Kids Are Alright.  It was such a truthful story of family and the dynamics each of us plays within that family.  I thought the acting was terrific.  The writing was even better.

I have realized over the few years I have been an actor, that the writing means everything.  The script is a very quiet scene partner that gives you everything to do what you have to do to connect with the audience. Jen and I talked about how writing and acting work together.  I'm not saying that if the script is good, the actors are automatically good, but it definitely makes the process easier.  It feels easier to connect with the emotions that need to be conveyed when the script is good.  It is a progression, a through line of the life of a character.

Tomorrow is my first day doing tech for Candida, so I will be learning the lighting board and Saturday I get the script with the cues for the show.  I hope I do it well.  I don't want to be the reason for anything going wrong.  That would be a poop.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment