Monday, August 16, 2010

TV Makes Me Excited!

Hi Everyone,

Last night Jen and I spent the night at Aunt Peggy's.  I took her to the Mexican Restaurant in Redondo Beach and we go some dessert at the local bakery.  I then got Jen interested in True Blood.  Aunt Peggy has HBO so we watched the cliff notes of season 1 and 2 and then I caught her up on season 3.  I love watching good television.  It gets me so excited.  I finally got to see my first episode of Mad Men and I can see how it can be addicting.  It is the total opposite of True Blood.

True Blood keeps me guessing the whole episode usually and I then get the urge to talk to someone about the episode after it is over.  Mad Men on the other hand is so subtle, slow and written as close to real life as possible that after the episode, I had to sit to fully let the emotions I got from the episode take me away.  I love getting the full visceral feeling of True Blood and the subtle psychology of Mad Men.  They are as different as two shows can get, but boy are they powerhouses for a actor.  I love it.

This morning I went to work to go over the new menu.  They are keeping pizza on the menu, but they will be more gourmet.  We also have a bunch of salads, burgers, appetizers and beer.  I am not sure exactly how the restaurant is going to be.  We are soft opening tomorrow.  And probably for the rest of the month.  We haven't gotten the full okay from all the inspectors, but they want us in the restaurant to learn the new system and also serve if by chance the inspectors say it is okay to open business.  So here I go...

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment