Thursday, August 5, 2010

One Ringy Dingy...Two Ringy Dingy

Hi Everyone,

Today was a phone day.  I was on the phone with Unemployment.  I was on the phone with prospective future employers.  I was on the phone with Central Casting.  I was on the phone with different acting coaches.

I should point out that I don't like talking on the phone.  I would rather personally talk to you or not at all.  It all began when I was in the 7th grade and my friend Kathy would call me and she would talk for 2 hours straight until my dad said I needed to get off the phone.  The first week I was p.o'd that my dad wanted me off the phone because I was doing what any 12 year old girl was supposed to do...talk on the phone.  But by the 2nd week of Kathy calling me every night to talk, I was bored.  We talked about everything we talked about at school and it wasn't anything new.  So soon I was cutting the conversations short and Kathy then began calling less and less and I was okay with that.  It was a joke in high school when Kathy would say goodbye for the day and that I should call her, because she knew I wasn't going to.

I am more comfortable talking face to face with 3 or less people or writing letters to others.  When I think about talking on the phone, I then start thinking about all the other things I have to do and put it off until it must be done.  So to say I talked on the phone all day was a huge step for me, due to the fact I didn't let it all get piled up until I had to do it.  It is mostly due to the fact I don't want to go to work for the new restaurant, so I am trying to find something closer to home and something new.  I am tired of being around drunk rowdy people all the time.  Plus, I am at a point where I feel like I need to get my butt in gear toward my acting career because let's face it, I have not been networking like I should for the last 8 months and I believe that is the key to booking jobs.  So I need to start getting myself into classes and moving and shaking with people in the biz.  It is one of the things I don't like about the biz, but I want to be an actor, so I have to suck it up and go for it.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment