Friday, August 20, 2010

I Have to Do More Research

Hi Everyone,

At work this afternoon we had a great lunch rush.  We are getting new customers and old customers are returning.  The shift ran smoothly due to the management.  Erik is really organized, helpful and around when you need him.  I am only working 3 shifts this week, but I hope to work 4 next week.

The weather is finally getting hot near the beaches.  I was sweating at work, just standing there.  I can't wait until Sunday when I am off and head to the beach for some bodysurfing.  I am contemplating joining a Yoga Barre class with the local community center.  It incorporates yoga stretching with barre work from ballet.  I've returned to doing my yoga every morning and sometimes I feel as if I've gotten as far as I can go in my flexibility, but I know that isn't true.  If I end up joining I will let you know how it goes.

A few days ago, I got to see my friend, Sarah from NYC and we went to my favorite vegan restaurant and she took some pictures of me.  When I see the pictures I am surprised at how bony I look.  I know that my intake of calories is still lower than it should be, that I am considered to be in starvation mode.  Meaning that my muscle mass is becoming depleted and that my metabolism is all screwed up.  Which makes sense because I haven't lost any weight or inches around my waist.  So for the past two days, I have ordered a calzone and ate ice cream and had beef along with my regular veggies, fruits, nuts and grains.  My stomach is hating me at the moment, but I have to sit down and plan out different meals, snacks, and overall groceries I need for this new lifestyle to work for my health.  As I have said, I like eating this way.  The calzone is sitting in my stomach and I feel tired and sluggish.  When I had the ice cream all I tasted was sugar and my breath stunk afterward.  I won't even talk about the beef.  But I can't keep starving myself and trying to make up for it once a week by eating crap.  I don't even want to eat the bad food.  It is true what they say, that fiber makes you feel full.  Jen laughed at me yesterday because I made a huge bowl of lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, black beans, peanuts and grapes for lunch and dinner.  It was huge and when I went on MyFitnesspal.com, it only came to be 417 calories mostly from the peanuts.

It has gotten harder, since beginning work again.  I work the morning shift and I don't get to eat until I get home which is around 5:30pm and I don't eat after 7pm, so I try and stuff myself with pasta and vegetables, or sprouted bread and peanut butter, but I am only eating two meals a day when I work because we don't get a break at work long enough to eat, and we don't have a break room where I can hide to snack on something I bring along with me.  So I eat 500 calories in my breakfast and hope to figure out a dinner plan for 800 calories that is healthy.  Anyone have any ideas?

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment