Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hopping on the Summer Reading Wagon

Hi Everyone,

I hopped on the summer reading wagon a few days ago and bought the book, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.  I am officially hooked.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I didn't expect, such intrigue, intelligence and pure need to know what the heck it is all going to be about.  But that is what I am getting and I am loving it.  Lately, I haven't been excited about books, maybe because I am writing one and it is damn hard and frustrating and I want to pull my hair out most days.  But this book has got my heart a putter again over well written stories.  I have been bogged down in romance novels for the past year, because that is what I am writing, and most of those novels are written in 2 months and it shows.

I will give credit to some really good romance novelists, like Lisa Kleypas who takes her time writing full characters with thought out plots and I have to wait usually a year for a book of hers to come out, but that isn't the case with many romance novelists.  A lot of them write 4-6 books a year!  Talk about crazy.  I am not sure how they feel creative when they have that kind of pressure on themselves, but it seems to work for Stephen King.

Now, Stephen King I think is a freak of nature with the amount of books he writes, plus the articles, plus the short stories and TV and film and I find that I am always intrigued by what he writes.   He puts thought into his work and is able to create new worlds that are either supernatural, dark, or truthful and make them worth reading.  I am a big fan of his monthly article in Entertainment Weekly because I find that Mr. King talks with his heart and he never half asses it either.  His articles are always thought out, opinionated, supported and even when I don't agree with him, I understand what he means.  That is a rare gift.

I am now going to enjoy my ride with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment