Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hi Everyone,

I had an acting class today that got back to the basics of my training.  I really believe I am going to love Larry Moss Studios.  They incorporate all of the five teachers : Strasberg, Hagen, Meisner, Adler and Lewis to develop your character.  I am in heaven.

While I lived in NY and went to the conservatory we worked on each of the 5 teachers, but we never incorporated each teacher's lesson into one big bowl of goodness.  That was up to the student to see what worked for them.  Today, Michelle went through all of them and incorporated each teacher's method into the development of character in a concise manner.  It was half lecture, half exercises.  And those exercises were a doozy.

When I studied in NYC I studied under Julia Carey, who believed that you must ask certain questions of your character to get the full story.  It is a visceral experience, one based on intuition instead of thought.  I will never use any of the information I gathered on my character for the audience to know, but it helps flesh out a live being for me to connect with.  Michelle, asked us questions that left me drained, cried out and excited for what my future classes hold.

After my class, I met with my friend Sarah.  Sarah and I worked together in NYC at Heartland and she was visiting California for a few weeks.  It was soooo good to see her.  Sarah and I have always been able to have a good laugh and really support each other as artists and friends.  I met her friend, Patrick a director and we had a great dinner at the Golden Mean Vegan Restaurant in Santa Monica.  Now, I have to try and convince Sarah to move to L.A. LOL!  It will never happen because she is musical theatre, but a girl can dream.

Tomorrow is the end of the acting seminar and then I am off to Aunt Peggy's to swim in the pool and clean the apartment.  On Monday,  I have to go into Rock N Brews to learn the computer and taste the new food.  That means a paycheck, Yippee!!!

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment