Sunday, August 29, 2010

Emmy Love

Hi Everyone,

What a great Emmy night tonight!  I really enjoyed hearing all of the winners speeches, because for the first time, I really felt every single one of them was genuinely appreciative and grateful for the award.  Some years watching the show, I get the sense that a lot of the actors believe they deserve it and their speeches reflect that.  There was only one actor, who I won't name who I believe was on the that boat, but everyone else was genuinely surprised by winning.

I loved Jimmy Fallon!  I loved that opening number with Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run and who knew Jorge Garcia could sing (loved it!).  I loved that Jimmy Fallon ran over to Tom Selleck and called him "Dad".  I loved the joke he made with Neil Patrick Harris being overly insecure that he needed 3 names and Neil Patrick Harris counter joking, that "he was glad the academy decided to have a gay man host for 2 years in a row (in reference to Jimmy Fallon).  I loved that Kim Kardashian had the sense of humor to sing along with Fallon.  I loved that Ricky Gervais doesn't give a crap what Hollywood deems serious business and jokes about it.  I loved the skit Fallon did for all the shows that ended this season with music.  I loved the Emmys this year.

I told my Aunt Peggy that I am going to be on the Emmys one of these years and that she could come with me on the red carpet, while her boys yell across the street on Hollywood Boulevard lewd comments and jokes, that only they can do.   When I get to go to the Emmys I would bring my parents if I could, just so they have an idea of what it is like and they could support me even when we are all awkward together because we don't know what to do at such things.  I believe it is important as an entertainer to have your non entertaining family members see what you have to do for "work", just so they can understand that side of the business.  I believe that the award shows are a prime example of how some people let "fame" get to them.  The awards are a place to honor good work, but it is also a place where a lot is said, to make people feel bigger than they are in reality.  If I should ever be honored to go to one of these award shows as an actor in a television series, I would want someone in my family to see what it means to be in Hollywood.  So if I should get too big for my britches, they remember its all fake.  That is not what is important in life.  It's not reality.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment