Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Acting Classes and the Beach

Hi Everyone,

Can I hear a WOOT! WOOT! I was accepted into the orientation that is the basis to taking classes at the Larry Moss Studios.  Larry Moss is a world famous acting teacher, who my mentor and teacher, Steve Perlmutter studied under.  Larry doesn't teach anymore, but his classes hold a lot of weight here in L.A.  A year ago they had an event for the space opening and it was attended by Steven Spielberg, Sally Field, Christian Slater, Helen Hunt and a bunch of others.

When I left for L.A. Steve gave me Larry's name as a reference for acting classes.  I am excited to know that I am able to study what I have found to work for me with people who taught my teacher.  I am excited to be able to get back into classes.  I always feel myself craving to have that space to explore and improve.  I hope it lives up to what I have made it into.

I cycled along the beach again this afternoon.  We have been having a fantastic summer here.  It isn't too hot and the breeze off the ocean is just right.  I was hoping to swim a little today, but there weren't any parking spots anywhere near the beach, so I postponed that for another day.  I have become aware of how infested with sharks the Pacific Ocean is.  What I have found out lately is that around this time is the high point for the sharks to be in the area.  It seems as if this season they are coming closer to shore than usual.  On Yahoo! they show a paddleboarder not far off shore surrounded by two sharks.  Personally, I never go any farther than just beyond the breaking of the waves.  I am not a strong swimmer, so I stick to chest high water at the highest.  I'm not sure how close the sharks come but I will be sure to be around other people so that hopefully we don't look like a lone seal.  I'll let you know how it turned out tomorrow.

Until then.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment