Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wishing Upon A Star

Hi Everyone,

As an actor and writer, the hardest part of doing this is saying that I am an actor and writer.  The reason being is I am always looking for a job.  When I find one, sometimes it doesn't pay, so can I technically say that I am a actor/writer?  My "day" job is as a waitress, so technically again,  I am a waitress.  As an actor/writer I play mental head games with myself trying to make myself feel worthy of being an actor when I am not working and blessing the stars I see at night, when I am.

A lot of people say that actors are dramatic, but I wonder if that is true.  If an accountant was put in an actor's shoes and told to work a job from paycheck to paycheck so that you can afford acting classes, headshots, gas, clothes, etc and might not have an actual paying acting job for the whole year, but the accountant gets to do what they love now and again, how would they react to the ups and downs?  I truly believe that one has to be a little crazy to embark on this journey.  As I child I never imagined that happiness takes a little insanity.

When I drive to work I list everything I am thankful for and since moving to California, I have had more opportunities here than in NYC as an actor and I can't comprehend the gratitude I feel.  I just know I feel it so much so that I think I might burst.  Right now, at this moment, I am not an actor, I am a blogger, writing down my thoughts and musings for free as a virtual diary.  I am good, and I patiently wait for the time when I am able to say that I am truly an actor/writer making a living doing what I love.  If I had my pick I would love to guest star on: True Blood, House, Law and Order:SVU, Doctor Who, Bones, The Office, Glee, and How I Met Your Mother, just to name a few.  If any of those wonderful angels that have bestowed great things on me before, I hope you are listening to a waitress who longs to be a true actor.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment