Saturday, July 10, 2010

Things That Make Me Go HMMMMM....

Hi Everyone,

So what I heard from one of the managers, as I was eavesdropping on a conversation he was having with a customer is, Vinny's will close in one month.  It will then be turned into Rock N Brew, but I don't know how long that will be.  I am on payroll with Vinny's so I don't know if Rock N Brew will hire me, but hopefully this means that I can get unemployment if I need to.  We haven't had a meeting to discuss any of this, but I would like to know specifics before customers do, ya know?  But this is how the small town runs.  Everyone knows each other since they were kids, so being a newcomer I am not as privy to important information as the neighbors are.

What is funny though, is I am not worried.  I assumed finding out this info would get me antsy or anxious in some way, but I'm not.  Maybe it is because I know my way around now, more than before and also I have met some people who might be able to help me find a new job if  I have to.  I think if Alex were to reopen Vinny's somewhere else, I would be welcomed back.  I like working for Alex.  I like the atmosphere he brings to his business and I know that he is loyal to his workers that are loyal to him.

I am working tomorrow during the World Cup.  Either we will be busy or we won't, it is always a crap shoot.  I hope I roll snake eyes.  I think that is the right terminology...LOL...can you tell I don't play craps? Oh boy.  I am looking forward to the movie, Inception coming out next week.  I have been a fan of Christopher Nolan's since Momento, with my boy, Guy Pearce.  I find that Nolan is able to weave and juggle very dark stories with grim outcomes for a very compelling movie.  Personally, it is hard for me to watch dark stories, most of the time because I never feel for the characters, but Nolan makes me feel for the characters.  Inception is such a enigma of a film because the trailers doesn't really tell you anything about it, but still makes me want to see it.  Reminds me of old time Hitchcock film trailers.  It snags you just enough for the audience to want more.  Please, Mr. Nolan, I want some more.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment