Friday, July 30, 2010

Reaching Out To Catch a Star

Hi Everyone,

The last weekend of work and it was a doozy tonight.  Seems like everyone and their grandmother stopped by Vinny's tonight.  I didn't make that much money due to most people stayed put and didn't let me have any turn around with my tables.  It was okay.

I learned tonight that there are going to be open interviews for us with Rock N Brews, either Tues or Wed. we haven't been given the exact day and time yet, but it is nice to know they are letting us at least try and get a job with them.  They still aren't able to tell us when we would begin working if we were hired, because they don't know how long it is going to be to renovate the inside of the restaurant.  I will keep you posted.

Today, I submitted myself for a huge project in Hollywood, that is the talk of the town.  It is the longest shot I ever will have of getting an audition, but for some reason I felt I needed to at least send off a headshot and resume, no matter how long my shot is and it is LOOOOOOOONGGGGGGG!  I have a feeling the casting directors would laugh at my foolishness, it is soooooo long!  But now I feel better knowing I sent it out and I did what I could with the resources I  have.

I realized as an individual I take some out of left field risks, that have paid off in the long run.  I don't know if this will be one of those risks, but I just had a really strong gut feeling yesterday about doing it and I did. And when I get those feelings and follow through with them, some opportunity presents itself that I never could imagine.  Here is hoping for the best and praying I am not on the "Wall of Shame" most casting directors have on their walls.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment