Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Fitness Pal

Hi Everyone,

I had my Candida callback tonight and I am not going to talk about it too much because I have superstitions.  They did make me read for Prossy, which is a supporting character, so I have a feeling I wasn't the right look for them when it came to Candida, but I am grateful they have me in the running for Prossy.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Today was pretty much a nice day, very low key and relaxing actually.  I started keeping track of my diet on www.myfitnesspal.com.  With me eating this raw food diet and working out moderately 3 times a week I have been able to lose some weight.  This site let's me track my calories and what I need or need to cut back on in my diet and helps me see how much calories I need to consume vs.  what I am consuming.  I have found out, I only eat 1100 calories at the most after I work out which isn't good, because I am going to end up making my body go into starvation mode because it isn't getting enough food.  My problem lately is, what I am eating is keeping me full.  I do realize that won't last too much longer.  That my body will start to give me signs that I need to eat more.  That is why I am tracking this stuff on the site, because it helps me to see how many more calories I need and how many more proteins, carbs and fat I need also.  The hard part is finding things that make it all balanced.  I find that even with the low calories I am always over my limit in sugar.  I never seem to hit my goals for any of the carbs, proteins, or fat, but sugar is over the top.

It is because of the fruit I eat for breakfast.  As a kid, I never really liked fruit, but now as I have grown I love it, more than vegetables.  So in the morning I always have a bowl of mixed fruit I prepare for the week .  That bowl of fruit give me only 10mg of sugar left to consume for the rest of the day.  I never knew carrots had sugar in them, but the website says they do.  And so does a lot of other veggies.  It is amazing even with the raw foods I am eating how sugar is naturally in some things.  Tomorrow I am going to make my bowl of fruit smaller and my oatmeal bigger and see what happens.  I do really enjoy seeing it all on the a report, it helps me a lot.  I will keep you updated on my findings.  Because I have to find more meals that give me more calories without the fat, sugar or sodium.  For a person who hasn't really paid attention about any of this before, it seems like finding a needle in a haystack.  Wish me luck.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

1 comment:

  1. I love myfitnesspal.com!!! It helped me lose 11 lbs before my trip to Mexico, I really need to log in again and get back on that horse - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete