Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Want to Stay at the Treehotel...

Hi Everyone,

I have just come back from work and I am in my last week there.  My last day and the last day for Vinny's will be August 1st.  This last week is going to go soooo slow!  Two things I want to talk about today.

First, who say the story of the invisible treehotel on Yahoo!?  I want to go!  I looked on the website and also saw that they are building a bird's nest which I would love to see the inside of that and plus knowing the hotel is 40 km away from the Artic sells it for me.  My goal as a kid and still is, is to travel to every continent and the North Pole.  I don't know how I am going to get to Antartica or the North Pole, but I would be happy to say that I have been to the Artic.

Second, I also saw on Yahoo! the story of what singles should do before settling down.  The number 1 thing was to travel alone because they say it builds confidence and self reliance.  Now, I traveled alone for the first time, to Ireland last year as a gift to myself and I then traveled all over by myself for 6 more months.  Going to Ireland, by myself, was scary, nerve wracking, exciting, fun and all around awesome experience.  I don't think it built confidence in me at all.  Within two days of being there and having every Irish person talk about how brave I was to travel alone in a different country, I began to think maybe I was very strange.  Because to the Irish, it is strange to travel alone.  I became self conscious and uneasy about being by myself.  Yes, I was self reliant, but I have been for my most of my life, by choice.  I take pride in knowing I can take care of myself without anyone's help.  I am proud that I am able to travel all over the world and figure how things work, when it is so different from what I am used to, but I don't like traveling alone.  If I had my pick, I would definitely travel with someone else.  To tell you the truth, I was lonely. I had no one to talk to about these fantastic things I was doing, or seeing, or experiencing and I realized I wanted to share it with someone, anyone really.  That is how I met so many wonderful locals.  Because I had to talk to someone and the Irish are very good listeners.

So the question is, who is wants to go to Sweden with me and stay in a treehotel?  Any takers?

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment