Thursday, July 1, 2010

Holding it Together, Twilight Style

Hi Everyone,

Today, I caught the repeat episode of Oprah with the cast of Twilight.  I haven't read the book and haven't seen the movies, but I was pleasantly surprised that the three stars were very funny and seemed really humble about the whole experience.  Especially, for their age.  When I was 18-24 which are the actors ages, I didn't have the state of mind to handle such a change in lifestyle that the movies have brought to their lives.  I probably would have ended up like Britney Spears, a little loopy.  Not to say that I am not loopy as I type this LOL!

When I began at acting school, my teachers asked me and my classmates to search within ourselves and really examine what kind of career we would like to have.  Most of my classmates wanted to have a career like Julia Roberts or Brad Pitt.   My first thought was I wanted that too.  I wanted the money, the accolades, the respect of my peers and then I realized I didn't want to be in the tabloids, I didn't want to be chased by paparazzi, I didn't want to have every move I made, every dress I wore, every word I said analyzed and picked apart.  It must be a very lonely existence being Julia or Brad.  It occurred to me, that the reason actors are so buddy buddy with each other in Hollywood is because those people are the only people who can relate to the intrusion of privacy.

I can't control if an audience will end up loving a film I am in or not.  I have no control over public opinion so if for some reason I end up in a blockbuster, I will have to deal with it, but I feel confident that I will deal with it a lot better now, in my 30's then I would have if it happened in my late teens, early twenties.  I give those kids props for handling the Twihard fans as gracious and as level headed as they can for such young people in a very surreal situation.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

1 comment:

  1. GURL!!!! READ THE BOOKS! NO MOVIES UNTIL YOU'VE READ 'EM... THEY ARE TO DIE!

    ReplyDelete