Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hocus Pocus of July 17th

Hi Everyone,

Everyday, when I turn on my Mac, my computer calendar says July 17th.  When my computer is done booting up the date changes to the actual date.  So I of course, am sure that July 17th means something important.  Something extraordinary.  Something spectacular is going to happen to my life.  Not exactly.

The day began with me waking up at 9am, which put me in a foul mood because that is really late for me and I needed to run around and do errands, and I had to prepare my food for today, since I am still on the vegetarian, raw diet.  First, I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some fruits and veggies.  I want to point out at this time, that I think Trader Joe's is a fraud.  Their prices are lower, but the selection is small and everything is packaged.  There is no raw vegetables in my Trader Joe's.  So I picked up my bananas, strawberries, cucumbers, and green peppers.  Then I walked across the street, to Albertson's and bought my honeydew, cantelope, tomatoes, red lettuce, leafy lettuce, carrots, and mangos and walked home.

The sun was already hot, by 9:45am as I was walking home and I knew that my apartment was going to be really hot.  I was beginning to get really hungry, but since being on this new way of eating, I find that when I buy all my food, I need to prepare it right away for the week or I won't do it.  So, I unpacked my veggies and fruit and began slicing and dicing and putting them in the tupperware for the week.  It was 11am by the time I had finished doing it all.

So, I finally sat down to eat breakfast of a fruit bowl and sprout bread with Peanut Butter.  I was cranky because I had to go to work at 4 today.  That means I had to leave the house by 3:30pm at the latest, so I wasn't going to have enough time in the day to eat enough food, to keep myself full throughout my shift.  I have a schedule for my eating depending on work.  I don't eat any of the food at work, unless I want to eat it on my cheat day, that I have once a week.  But let me continue.

Then I paid some bills, wrote some letters, and checked my email because auditions for Candida are tomorrow and I had contacted the director to audition.  I wasn't able to go to the monthly meeting this month, due to I couldn't get anyone to cover my shift.  Carolee, emailed me back and asked if I was a member, I confirmed it, but I haven't heard back.

So I get ready for work and begin to drive along the beach, forgetting it is Saturday afternoon.  I hit traffic, a lot of traffic.  I am 7 minutes late to work and I don't really want to be there.  Work has become difficult due to the energy in the place.  The present owners are nonchalant about everything because they will be out of business by the end of the month and us employees, don't know what is going on, so we are nervous and antsy.  Not a good combination.  But I do get a call from my brother who leaves a voicemail and I am happy to hear his voice.

Also I get a phone call from my sister who highly recommends Despicable Me if anyone wants to see a good movie and she wonders if I have seen Inception yet.  I haven't.  Those two phone calls have made my day better than my ordinary days.  For the next 4.5 hours I am moving.  Moving with the flow, trying to converse with my customers when I can and just enjoy the night.  Chelsi is working with me, who I love, she is spunky and fun and we always have a good laugh.  I also am working with Arra, who is soft spoken, by the book woman who  I can be quiet with if I want.  I don't have to put a front up with her like I do with others.  At the end of the night, one of the town couples who are regulars, come in and sit in my section.  I am tired, I would like to go home, but I know I will be the last one there, with them.  So I decide to enjoy it.  We talk, about NYC, the gentleman is from New Rochelle, acting, love, life, etc.  We have a lot of good laughs and my night is better for it.

I take the beach route home, which I don't usually do and the half moon is a bright orangy color and it is amazing.  It is the only thing I can see over the blackness of the ocean.  As I am driving I am well aware at the eeriness of the silent streets on a Saturday night.  But I like it.  I arrive at home with 15 minutes to spare until midnight.  I check my email again for any info on the audition, but there is none.  It is now 12:22am July 18th.  I am not sure what the significance of July 17th is, but I had a good day!

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment