Friday, July 9, 2010

Going Along with the Unexpected

Hi Everyone,

So my guess was right, yesterday.  Alex, the owner of Vinny's isn't done fighting for his restaurant.  Which means that the two other owners have taken all their people that were hired through them and told them not to work for Alex.  I lucked out because Mike didn't know me before and I don't work for him at his other establishments.  But I don't think this is over.

What I know so far.  The land that the Beer Garden is on is owned by a friend of Mike's.  So Alex is making sure that we close the restaurant exactly at 10PM and the last drink is served at 10:50PM, so Mike can't say that we are violating any rules of the town.  I also think from what I heard the lawyer say a few days ago is that Alex could get sued by Mike and Dave because he signed a contract and reneged on it.  I am not sure how it all went down a few days ago, but I don't see Mike letting this property go to someone else.  So I am glad I am looking for another job, because I am sure he could evict us at anytime since the Beer Garden is Mike's and Vinny's Pizzeria next door is Alex's.  Oh, what a tangled web we weave, don't we.

Tonight was the Knightsbridge opening night of Romeo and Juliet, John Waters style.  It is set in 1970's disco NYC, where Juliet is a 400lb transvestite and Romeo is a dancing fool.  It runs for the next three weekends and I am very excited to see this version.  I am not a big Romeo and Juliet fan, but I talked to the actor who plays Juliet and he discovered things about her, that I don't think any actress has portrayed her as before.  I am very excited, plus the idea that the company is retelling the story John Waters style already makes it interesting for me.  I would never think of Shakespeare and John Waters collaborating.  I will let you know how it turns out when I get to see it.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment