Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Getting Over the Loneliness

Hi Everyone,

I talked to a few friends living on the East Coast today and actually felt glad I wasn't there to live in the heat and humidity that NYC is so famous for in the summer.  The record temps are making me cringe and hoping that many of my family and friends have the resources to keep cool.

I was talking to one friend and since I moved away from NYC both of us are working through a bout of loneliness.  Every time, I have moved from place to place, I had either school, work or friends that helped me meet new people.  Having moved to Los Angeles with no job or school I haven't been able to connect with people as fast as I had before.  Yes, I now have a job, but I find all my co workers are 20-22 years old and at a very different place than I am in my life.  I could hang out with them, but I see that as a step back.

Recently, I was accepted into the Knightsbridge Theatre Company, so I am hope to get to know my other members as time goes by and I begin actively being a part of the company on a regular basis.  I also have a commercial class coming up.  I find that in my loneliness, I long for good conversation and hugs.  My friend was saying that she finds that she is in her head all the time and it is getting tiring.  I know the feeling.

My cousins and I are still in that getting to know you stage.  It is getting better, but I don't feel comfortable asking to hang out with them.  I long for the day when I have girlfriends to go out with on a Friday night again, or my guy and I have a great day on the beach.  It's got to happen sometime, right?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help keep the loneliness at bay?

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment