Friday, June 11, 2010

Seeing the World Open Up

Hi Everyone,

I GOT IT!!! I am now a member of the Knightsbridge Theatre Company!!!!  Their first meeting is this Wednesday, and I was supposed to go to Las Vegas on Wednesday, but since I still haven't confirmed my ticket yet, I think I am going to ask my Uncle Tom if I can book it for Thursday instead.  Keep your fingers crossed!

My grandfather's 90th birthday is next Saturday and we are all flying in to surprise him for his birthday.  I can't wait.  I feel like I haven't seen my brother and sister in forever.  It's been 6 months.  We also get to meet my sister's boyfriend and my brother and his fiancee are going to be there too.  Plus, all my cousins, aunts, uncles and second cousins are going to be there too.  We haven't ever been this together, ever I think.  So it is going to be special.

Dad already told me that Vegas is in the 100's.  Los Angeles is strange, because I thought it would be hotter in June then it really is.  The weatherman says that the high is 68-70 degrees everyday.  Of course, it feels hotter in the sun, but I never feel stifled, like I did on the East Coast.  There is always a nice breeze.

Tomorrow, I have a early meeting at work.  I assume we are going to discuss the takeover coming July 1st.  I know that it has to be over by 10-10:30am so they can start opening the restaurant.  I am hoping that I have don't miss too much of the England vs. USA soccer match because of it.  I didn't realize the game was going to be on so early, but that is something I still am not used to, PT time.

Is anyone else feeling World Cup fever?  Last World Cup I was working at Heartland and I learned all this stuff about soccer from the tourists and it was so fun to watch with them, because you could feel the excitement in the air.  Plus, the Europeans were crazy, boisterous, funny fans.  We had a good crowd at work for the World Cup, but I don't think it will hold a candle to NYC World Cup memory.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

1 comment:

  1. I am soooooooooo proud of you. You go girl. Go after those dreams.

    ReplyDelete