Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Poor Gut

Hi Everyone,

As I mentioned last night, the festivities this past weekend knocked me out.  I went to bed last night at 10PM and didn't wake up until 11AM.  This morning I had to look at my cell phone for at least 5 minutes to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.  Thankfully, I didn't have to go to work until 5 PM today.  I went to work, had one table and sat around for 2.5 hours before the manager told me to go home.  I brought home a whopping $3.  I think my car ate up more gas than that.

Tomorrow, I am off to my Aunt's classroom's graduation.  Some of the children are now going to either be integrated into public school or go on to other schools that cater to special needs children.  My aunt gets emotional because she has been their teacher since they are 3 and now some are 6 and must move on.  I can't imagine what it must be like to teach children for 3 years and then have to let them go.  It is so much more personal since the children are around longer than a year.

The weather is finally beginning to feel like summer. I am trying to get into tip top shape but I find that my aerobic workout doesn't seem to be enough.  Or maybe it is my body that is not in it's 20's anymore, deciding to be difficult.  It is always harder as you grow older to accept that you are growing older.  I feel as if I am about 25 when in actuality I am almost a decade older than that.  I don't really like going to the gym, but I do enjoy the benefits of having the elliptical trainer available when I most need to get rid of the gut I have grown.  Yoga and ab work only goes so far.  Now I have to do some aerobic training and I don't mean Jane Fonda.  I need to sweat for at least 45 minutes 4 times a week.  Maybe I will go to the 24 hours Fitness and see if they are hiring.  I could use the extra money and the free membership.  It's just an idea.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment