Friday, June 25, 2010

Forget About the Mosquitos and Go See Bernadette Peters

Hi Everyone,

The weather today was glorious!  I had to work the am shift at work today and open the restaurant.  I got to  be by myself for an hour and talk to a table of guys who were a lot of fun.  As soon as noon hit the garden was full and we all had tables and people waiting.  By 2PM I was driving in my car heading to the beach for a little sun because I got to be cut first.  The great thing about working 3.5 hours is that I made good money in those few hours due to big tables.

The rest of the weekend is supposed to be beautiful and I am working the pm shifts so I believe that I am going to treat myself to a day at the beach this weekend.   I was walking to the bank today and couldn't believe that it is so nice out.  I also noticed last night, that I haven't gotten one mosquito bite since living here.  Can you believe it?  Los Angeles doesn't have mosquitos!!! That is FAN-TASTIC!  How could I have missed that?

I read an article today that Bernadette Peters is going to be replacing Catherine Zeta-Jones in A Little Night Music on Broadway!  I lived in NYC for 5 years and Ms. Peters didn't do one show and as soon as I leave she is back...I am very upset over this!  I remember watching the 2003 Tonys where Ms. Peters performs Rose's Turn from Gypsy and being floored by it, because she was crying and singing at the same time!!!  I don't know anyone who can do that.  I know of plenty of Broadway Legends that can convey sadness in their songs, but I have never seen anyone able to be sad and sing at the same time.  Day in and day out, 8 performances a week.  That is impressive!  I am sure that is why Stephen Sondheim loves working with her!  So to all my NYC friends and East Coasters I highly recommend seeing Bernadette Peters come July. And tell me how it is LOL!

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment