Saturday, May 15, 2010

Workaholic

Hi Everyone,

Recently, the weather in southern California has been unreasonably cold.  Today it was freezing.  I would say it was in the 50's, but since I have to wear shorts and a tank top to work, I was freezing.  Thankfully, I thought of bringing my Met's black zipped sweatshirt with me just in case.  We are still working out the kinks and how many people should be on in one shift.  This afternoon, we had 4 people on and it was too many.  I am still not making $50 a shift.  I know we have to figure out what we are going to do, but there are so many minds in the plan, that a decision can't seem to be made.

Or if it is made, it is changed the next day, by one of the other owners.  At the same time I am glad I have a job.  I know that this confusion is only temporary, but I hope that it soon is resolved.  I like mostly all the people I work with.  There is one person I need to take with a grain of salt because she is very "Money, money, money".  She is already complaining that she needs money, and gets upset when a table doesn't sit in her section.  I know that all of us were told that it would take a bit of time before we would see the money come in, that we would have to be patient.  I don't trust this co-worker is what I am saying.

I haven't been writing the other blog for the past few days, because I don't have time right now to research different organizations like I did before I had a job.  Now that I have 10 hours of my day taken up by this job I don't have much time for anything else.  I am having a bit of a time transitioning.  I am annoyed that I am too tired to research after I get home.  I enjoy trying to find feel good stories that might be useful or heart warming.  I look forward to writing the blogs, but lately I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open past 10PM.  I now have a workout in the morning, work, dinner, shower, I check my email, read a bit and then write the blog and I am down for the count.  And when I am not working I am at the Kitty Rescue volunteering.  Next week I am working another 6 days.  Again, I am feeling the intuitive sense that I am going to overdue it.  I always said when I was a kid, that I wouldn't be like my mom, a workaholic, but I have turned into her.  I have a very hard time saying no, if I don't have anything important going on.  I do put my foot down, when I have family functions to go to, because to me those will always be the most important, no matter what.  The funny thing is, I don't work for the money, I work so I have something to do.  I know it is crazy.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment