Saturday, May 22, 2010

Taking Off

Hi Everyone,

One of the things I love about my drive to and from work is that I must pass LAX on my way to work.  Now I know that most people would think that passing a major airport to your drive to work would be a major hassle, but it isn't.  I am digressing.  The thing I love about passing the airport is that the road I drive along runs parallel to one of the runways, so on my way to work I come face to face with airplanes landing only feet away from me.  I love seeing this huge aircraft slowly descend the sky to land on pavement.  I think the thing I love about it, is that I get the feeling of when I land somewhere I am going.

I love flying.  I love the feeling of traveling somewhere new, or going to a place where loved ones are.  I remember as a kid watching airplanes from the airport.  I used to imagine all the possible places each plane came from and where they were going.  It is really exciting and has a feeling of something majestic when you see the lights of a plane directly above you at night.  I would love to be able to thank the architect who designed LAX to be in the middle of everything because for me the experience of seeing the planes is fantastic!

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment