Monday, May 24, 2010

Hopelessly Devoted to LOST

Hi Everyone,

I just finished watching a little show called, LOST.  I have to say I am stunned at how wonderful, beautiful and right the ending felt for me.   The answers I received from the show, reiterated how I see life.  For anyone who is a LOST fan, but hasn't watched the show yet, spoilers ahead.

To realize that the sideways life was a sort of purgatory, where the members were awakened to their fates was sad, but it was shot in such a way that I wasn't sad for long.  I was happy for these characters.  I was hoping for reunions for everyone I came to love and I got that.  I also got forgiveness, and truth.  I found that the writers of LOST hold the idea, that in every lifetime that we have, there are certain people who will always have an effect on your life and be a part of it, in some way.

I, personally, believe in past lives and parallel universes.  I believe in the spirituality of the universe.  We may not always look the same, but we as people recognize souls we connect with.  I think that is what the sideways universe did for the characters.  With a touch, or a word, or a look, one was transformed to the true meaning of why they were in each other's lives.  I believe that all of us are put on this earth to teach each other about love.  Nothing else.  It is the events in our lives that cloud or enlighten our perception of these lessons.

I was greatly surprised to see characters I have not seen in a long time.  I do wonder why Michael and Walt weren't part of the ending, but it was okay that they weren't.  I loved that Hurley became the protector of the island, because for me, he embodied unconditional love for everyone.  Plus, to have the faith in Ben, so that Ben redeemed himself was fantastic.  Lastly, the final shot of the series was beautiful.  We heard Jack say in the pilot, we have to work together or we die alone.  He didn't.  He had Vincent by his side and we came full circle as Jack's eye closed for the last time.  As a viewer I felt I had become a fuller person for knowing these characters.  That I am thankful for.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

2 comments:

  1. wasn't it just beautiful the way they had the characters come together, when each pairing would have their realization? I must admit that I got a little choked up when Claire/Charlie, Sun/Jin, Sawyer/Juliet had their moments - they were just so moving.
    Aside from the show being so interesting w/ all of it's twists, what I think made us all fall in love w/ it were the characters. I think we all felt like we knew these people and had a connection w/ them. I will miss them all greatly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same reaction as you, I loved when Charlie/Claire, Jin/Sun and my favorite Sawyer/Juliet had their realization. Plus when Jack smiled, when he saw the Ajira plane overhead as he was dying killed me and I was so glad that Vincent was there for him. I was very satisfied by the finale, because like you I really loved the characters, the island mythology was interesting, but it never kept me coming back. This is definitely a box set I will get, so I can revisit old "friends".

    ReplyDelete