Saturday, May 29, 2010

Feeling the Groove

Hi Everyone,

Today, I worked the night shift and it was great weather, so that made the night very lucrative, or at least lucrative in the sense of this establishment.  It is really difficult for me to realize just how extraordinary the money I made in NYC compared to anywhere else.  Even though while I was making the money in NYC I  knew I would never make anything close to it as a waitress anywhere else, it is still an eye opener.

The difference also here, is that I am not stressed out like I was at Heartland.  Everyone knows each other in El Segundo, so they see you greeting everyone and one of your tables might know another one of your tables and we all get talking.  It is a slower pace.  It is more open to understand that drinks might not come as quickly as we are all accustomed.  One of my co-workers said to me, that I never seem to let anything phase me.  We were busy tonight, but I have been busier.  I liked that I only had three picnic tables to take care of.  I was able to help the other servers with their drinks and food.  I was busy most of the night and let it be.  My foot was better today, but as the night wore on, it began to hurt again.  I know that I will be hurting tomorrow, because I have to be in work by 10 am and it is close to 1am as I write this.  When I would have this problem in NYC I would have to have my foot elevated for at least 8 hours.  I think I will be able to sleep around 6.5.  But I am off on Sunday, so I am glad I have a day to rest.

Jen went to the library today and borrowed a bunch of romantic comedies.  She wants to have a romantic comedy day where we just sit around and watch them.  I say, OK!  Bring on the weekend.  I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend with plenty of sunshine and delicious burgers and hot dogs.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment