Friday, May 14, 2010

Being Flexible

Hi Everyone,

I had to work the morning shift, which technically is the afternoon shift since the restaurant doesn't open until 11:00AM.  Since this week is still a training week.  There were 6 of us on because it was a shift all of us could work.  The owners asked us to come in whenever we could.  Well to make a long story short I got sent home at 2:30PM and so did 2 other servers.  The three other servers were the original servers before the restaurant became the Beer Garden.

I was told today that they are changing the uniform to be black now.  So I had to go to Kohl's and buy a black tank top and a black V neck T-shirt.  The owners are going to supply us with uniforms, but it is going to take a few more weeks before they come in.  Mike, one of the owners told me to buy white because he thought it would be better for working in the sun, but everyone else who works for the pizzeria wears black.  Sasha, another owner told me to get black T-shirts today.  I have to see I still have my black shoes from Heartland Brewery, if I don't I have to go buy some Keds too.

I want to give a shout out to my friend, Valerie, she is putting together the 2nd annual Bellefonte Arts Festival in Delaware this weekend.  Last year, I was able to attend the inaugural festival and am happy that it was a great success.  Valerie planned, organized and pulled off a great feat of getting together artist's from all over the area to advertise along the Main Street of Bellefonte, DE.  It was a huge block party with music, poetry readings, arts, crafts, massage therapists, antiques, jewelry, great food and wonderful people. I was glad that I could participate in such a day for Valerie and I am very proud of her.  I hope you realize that I am there in spirit.

Tomorrow there is a big Hot Rod and Auto show in El Segundo, so I hope that drums up some business, so that I don't have to be sent home early again.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment