Sunday, May 9, 2010

BBQ Time in the O.C.

Hi Everyone,

It has been a busy two days.  I got my uniform or I should say my jean shorts and white fitted t-shirt for work tomorrow.  I also got to hang out with Robert and my Aunt Peggy.  Robert took us to Laguna Beach.  We traveled by the Pacific Coast Highway which was fantastic.  It seems that in Orange County the beach is right along the highway like you would expect.  It was crazy looking at the property down in Orange County.  I seriously did feel as if I was on the television show The O.C.  A lot of the houses are up in on the hill overlooking the ocean.  The beaches are smaller here than L.A.  We traveled through Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, and Laguna.  We had lunch at a Irish Pub famous along the beaches here, called Hennessey's.  Then my Aunt and I went shopping around Laguna Beach while Robert watched the Lakers.

I bought this fantastic, colorful, playful dress in this little boutique.  Laguna Beach was hopping yesterday because the weather was beautiful.  All the shops are little boutiques that are lined up together and remind me of any beach town, it was just not as worn down looking as East Coast beach towns.  I could see the money that is Laguna Beach.  It is a gorgeous town and I would definitely go back just so that I can explore a little more and maybe hike along state park trails and within the hills.

Today, the cousins and their girlfriends all came over to Robert's to have a BBQ for Mother's Day.  We pigged out on hot dogs, hamburgers and Italian sausage.  It was delicious.  We all had a good time and got to hang out all day.  Right now I am exhausted and can't wait to lay down.  I have my first day at "work" tomorrow.  I am excited.  I hope I do well.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment