Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Back to Normal

Hi Everyone,

Jen came home tonight from her three week vacation in Taiwan.  Her friend, Juan who went with her is going to stay for a few more days in California, so he is staying with us too.  Jen seems as if she had a good time, but didn't want to leave so soon.  Isn't that the way it always happens?

Whenever I go visit my family or I am on a vacation with my girlfriends, it always goes by so quickly.  I wonder where the time has gone and when I think back on things we did only some things stand out.  It was more that I enjoyed the company I was in and the little things are what mattered.  I notice that on my favorite vacations or family gatherings it was the laughter and the stories that go along with the trip that make it so enjoyable.

I think that is why I don't want to travel alone ever again.  I have memories of my trips but they weren't shared with anyone.  It was lonely and got boring on some nights because I was bored.  What I will remember about my year of travel that was 2009 is that I hold a special place in my heart for Alaska and Chicago.  Alaska is where my mother, father, sister and I had some good laughs, met really nice people and were able to try different things.  Chicago was where I got to reconnect with Peace Corps friends I will always be connected to, just because of our shared experience.  There is always a certain loyalty or respect for each other we hold because we all trained together.

I hope the next time Jen travels back to Taiwan she is able to spend more time with her family.  I understand the conflicting emotions she feels at the moment.  I am sure as soon as classes begin again it will be easier on her.  Still I am glad she is back.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment