Monday, April 19, 2010

Universal Love

Hi Everyone,

As I mentioned last night I had an open call to go to.  I couldn't remember the project, and then I got an email from one of my co-stars in the play I am in who reminded me that there was an open call for Universal Studio tour guides, today from 2-5.  So I hopped into my car and drove up to Burbank for the open call.  I got there at 1:30PM and the line was already around the corner and down the street of "Citywalk".  Citywalk is the outdoor shopping center filled with restaurants and clubs before you get to the gates of Universal Studios.

I love Universal Studios.  As soon as you get to the vicinity of it, you hear the music that is associated with Universal Studio pictures.  From the gates, I can see the top of the Waterworld show and characters like Woody Woodpecker and Curious George are everywhere to welcome you to the park.  For a person who always was fascinated with the way movies are made, visits to Universal Studios was a must.  I remember at 16 being picked to participate in an Alfred Hitchcock show.  The show explained how Alfred Hitchcock made some of his special effects shots.  I was asked to play a woman who falls from a tower.  I was placed in a chair that was reclined and I had to move my hands and legs as if I was falling from a great height.  The camera was placed close to my face and then moved upward, to give the illusion I was falling.

They called the open call an audition.  I waited on line for an hour and a half before I met with Mike.  Mike asked to see my acting resume, asked me how my career was going and thanked me for my time.  It was exactly like an audition.  You spend all this time waiting and 2-3 minutes talking to the casting director to see if you are the right fit.  Everyone that has made the cut should get a call tomorrow for a call back on Wednesday.  Cross your fingers for me.

On a different note, my old blog has been fixed.  I am not sure I want to go back to it.  I do like the layout better on that site, but it seems I always have monthly issues with the site.  I will give this site a little more time and go from there.

Until tomorrow.  Take care and be safe.

All my love,

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment