Saturday, April 17, 2010

Blog Part Deux

Hi Everyone,

I started a new blog! I was having a hard time with the server with the other website and wasn't getting the results I wanted so I took matters into my own hands and made it work for me. So I haven't written blog style for three whole days and I was going through withdrawal! So to catch up on some things.

Next week is the last week of The Seven Deadly Sins show! What? That went very quickly and I am so glad that we were able to produce the show for the full 8 weeks. Some weeks were harder than others, but I am glad to say that we accomplished a good run!

As I mentioned in my last blog post, I think, I began watching the miniseries, John Adams. What a fantastic piece of acting, writing, directing, cinematography and everything else that goes into a historical piece. The miniseries definitely captured the humanity of such legendary men as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and of course, John Adams. I was especially fascinated by the accents of each character. I always wondered how the United States ended up having the variation of accents that they do. First, I noticed that a lot of the actors had a mix of an Irish/British accent. As the audience went through John Adams' 90 year life, his accent evolved and so did Thomas Jefferson's. Interestingly enough, both men died on the same day, July 4, 1826, 50 years after they signed the Declaration of Independence. Both of the men were 90. Adams lived in Massachusetts and Jefferson in Virginia. In the last episode of the series, Adams and Jefferson exchanged letters and each actor had hints of an accent that would be associated with each men's region. Considering that at the beginning of the series which took place 50 years before and Jefferson had an Irish accent and Adams had a British accent I was tickled that each of the actors were so willing to get it right, that they took it upon themselves to find out how their accents would have changed.

Today, I went on an open call for the film adaptation of the book Water for Elephants. I stood outside for 3 hours while they took peoples pictures and had us fill out our measurements and contact information. I am not sure why it took so long, because I was in the office for only 3 minutes, tops. Maybe they were out to lunch or something since they started the casting call at noon. But I got it done and I am off to another open call on Monday, but I have to look to see what that is for again, because I can't remember right at this moment.

This morning I took the CBEST test. It is the test in CA for people who want to be substitute teachers. It is a difficult test and I am hoping that I passed it so that I will be eligible to be a substitute for school next year. My aunt let me know that a substitute teacher has the ability to take or not take the job. She has met a lot of actors who do it, so that they have the ability to have an open schedule for auditions and such. Cross your fingers for me.

Until tomorrow. Take care and be safe.

All my love,
Tara

1 comment:

  1. welcome back!!!
    woo hoo - I get to be your first "follower"!

    ReplyDelete